League Apps Registration Site Now Open
This website will still be used as a front page for news until the bugs get worked out of the new site. At that time UnitedSoccerLeague.us will be pointed to the new site so you will not need to make any changes.
- Schedules can be found at HERE
- For the Standings table after play starts, go HERE
- Directions to fields can be found HERE
- For anyone wishing to file a Match Report or Referee Report after a match, go HERE
- For United SL Player Registration coaches & managers can go HERE
- New Jersey based teams who need to do player registration can go HERE
Games Commissioner Appointed
Emily Hane has been appointed by the Board to fill the vacant Games Commissioner position until the 2015 elections.
The Games Commissioner is responsible for all league operations in relation to matches, scheduling and standings. This includes:
- Creating and making changes to schedules
- In conjunction with the President and Vice-Presidents, determining league-wide weather cancellations
- Determining rules for making up lost matches, including enforcing dates for makeup of matches
- Coordinating with the Referee Assignor to ensure coverage at all matches
- Determining match outcomes, including forfeits
- Ensuring matches are conducted according to league rules
- Maintaining up to date standings
- Announcing Champions and Runners Up and Final Standings upon season conclusion
USASA National Cup Tournament
Men's Amateur and Open
(Pennsylvania based teams)
Deadline to submit: Friday 10/3/14 5:00 PM
Cup draw: Friday 10/3/14 6:00 PM
NJ State Cups, Men's National Amateur and Open Cups
(New Jersey based teams)
Deadline to submit: Friday 10/10/14 5:00 PM
PLAYERS SEEKING TEAMS
Players who are seeking a team to join can now add their information to our online database...
USASA Elite Amateur Leagues
The United Soccer League is proud to announce that we are one of the first leagues to be selected as a USASA Elite Amateur League.
This program, started as part of the USASA Centennial Celebration, recognizes the top amateur soccer leagues in the country. We're currently the only league in Pennsylvania or New Jersey accorded this honor, which reflects our long history of successful competition.
Being a member of this elite circle will bring additional exposure on the national level to us.
Welcome Lancaster City FC!
Lancaster City FC is a new club that is entering both a Mens and Womens Major Team.
The mens team was accepted at the June meeting, and the women applied and were accepted in August.
Home field will be Millersville University.
Welcome Lighthouse SC!
After several years absence, Lighthouse Soccer Club is once again represented in the United League. Lighthouse SC is one of the premier youth and adult clubs in Philadelphia, and we welcome them back.
Lighthouse will be entering a team in the Womens Major Division this season.
Welcome Ocean City Nor'Easters
Welcome to the Ocean City Nor'Easters.
Affiliated with the Ocean City FC, they have a full youth program along with a team in the Premier Development League (PDL) during the Summer.
Home field for their Mens Majors will be the Rutgers-Camden varsity field just across the Ben Franklin bridge.
Welcome South Jersey Elite Barons!
One of 3 new teams entering the Mens Major Division, the South Jersey Elite Barons are a well-established academy program in South Jersey. With a strong youth program, and a history of successful adult soccer teams, they are a good addition to the United Soccer League. Home field is the Tuckahoe Turf Farm in Hammondton NJ.
To End This Turf War, Unroll Sod
Sod Dispute Shows Old-Boys Network Still Doesn't Understand Equality
An excellent article on the New York Times website explains the dispute. All major mens competitions are required to be played on grass, but the Womens World Cup scheduled for Canada next Summer is scheduled to be played entirely on artificial fields. This despite a petition by the top womens players in the world and the threat of a lawsuit.
Board of Directors 2014-15
New Board elected on June 3, 2014
Congratulations to our new Board of Directors, elected June 3, 2014 for the 2014-15 season.
- President - Blair Thomson
- 1st Vice President - Thomas Maegerle
- 2nd Vice President (Development) - Werner Fricker Jr
- Secretary - Werner Fricker iii
- Treasurer - Barry Strube
- Games Commissioner - Vince D'Ambrosio
- Communications - Thomas Maegerle
- Financial Secretary - Emily Hane
- Grievance - Barry Harvey
- Registrar - Robert Oldfield
- Recording Secretary - Werner Fricker iii
- Tim Curran
- Mike Jurczak
- Erich Pohl
- Oscar Pohl
- Audit Committee
- Werner Fricker Jr
- Nick Kramer
- Todd Pewterbaugh
USL Game Day Procedures
A Match Day Checklist. Updated 9/2013
Available for download is a copy of the United Soccer League Game Day Procedures. This checklist covers pre-game through post-game items for teams and referees.
USL Game Day Procedures
United SL Cost Worksheet
Use to figure costs when adding players and coaches to roster
When adding players to your roster, you can use this worksheet to figure out the cost to register the players.
New Referee Fees for the 2014-15 season will be:
- Referee - $80.00
- Assistant Referees (lines) - $50.00 each
All matches use a 3-man system, the total cost will be $180. The EACH TEAM pays $90.
While we have no choice when it comes to how much we have to pay to get qualified officials, we can make sure we get quality work for our money. SUBMIT YOUR REFEREE REPORTS AFTER EVERY GAME.